Are you getting married yourself? Perhaps your daughter is the one who is getting married. Either way, congratulations! If you have decided to have a destination wedding, here are some things that might help you in your planning:
The Invitations - Think of the guest list carefully. Is it going to be a financial burden on those you invite to travel away from your Florida residence? Will you be helping in the cost of travel and accommodations? Are you planning a large wedding or a small one?
- When you create the design of your invitation, make it very clear that the wedding will be held away from your home town. It is a good idea to spread the word of that information even before invitations are sent.
- Should you plan a formal event or a casual one? Your invitation will set the mood for either one.
- In addition, it will also be helpful to specify the dress of the event. For example, if the event will be a casual one held on a beach, your female guests may not want to wear their high heels.
- Recommendations of places to stay should be included in the invitation. Choose accommodations of different price ranges so your guests will have a choice. If your guest list is a small one, you might even consider renting a house.
Help With Travel Plans - Again, the number of guests may determine how they will get to the Bahamas. Some of your guests may feel a bit overwhelmed about how to get to your destination wedding in the Bahamas. You'll want to be ready to give them suggestions:
- Will your guests be flying on a commercial airline? Provide exact times of departure and landing so they'll get there in time for the big event.
- Think about hiring a private plane. You may be surprised at the affordability of you and your guests sharing the cost of this form of travel.
- Even if your guests are going to the Bahamas on a commercial flight, consider a charter plane for your family. That way you'll have the peace of mind that you will all be arriving at the same time.
- Don't forget to arrange for transportation from the airport to your destination and to the destination of your guests.
It's important for you to know where all of your guests are staying. Keep their contact numbers in a safe place, just in case you need to reach them for any reason. Contact a company that offers air charters to the Bahamas for more information.